- September 15, 2014
Holydays are short. And counted.
One of those shorts conceived to stir powerful emotions, „Ela, Panda and Madam” tells the story of a grandma who would do whatever it takes to spend more time with her granddaughter.
Director: Andrei Ștefan Răuțu
Scriptwriter: Ana-Carola Buzatov, Andrei Ștefan Răuțu
Cast: Tatiana Iekel, Elena Voineag, Cristian Popa
Produced by: Corina Eredenta Moldovan-Florea, Andrei Ștefan Răuțu
Cinematography by: Tudor Mircea R.S.C
Film editing by: Eugen Kelemen
Category: short movie
Duration: 27 minutes
26,764 – Cinepub viewers
A young corporate speeds up to drop her grandmother at the seaside and to be back to work first thing tomorrow morning or she may lose her job. But her lovely grandma has another agenda.
Present in many significant festivals, the short film signed by Andrei Ștefan Răuțu builds two characters as warm as they are in total opposition with one another. The granddaughter and the grandmother. Today and yesterday. The unconscious run away from the present to an uncertain future.
The break from the everyday life’s fast forward rhythm shapes authentic, rare emotions and a special relationshiop that makes the viewers want to make a phonecall to someone they love at the end of the short film.
Thus, „Ela, Panda and Madam” finds its place in the category of Romanian shorts that catalyze nostalgia and deep emotions.
„What do you know about creating? Not necessarily making something beautiful but making someone happy.”
- International Psychoanalysis and Film Festival – Romania, 2014
- Festival International du Film d’Amour – Belgium, 2014
- LA Indie Film Festival – USA, 2014
- Transilvania International Film Festival, Romanian Days shorts – Romania, 2014
- Reykjavik International Film Festival – Iceland, 2014
- Indie Fest – USA, 2014
- Thessaloniki International Film Festival – Greece, 2014
- Making Waves Film Festival – USA, 2014