- October 20, 2011
„Family Issues”, signed by Ruxandra Ghițescu, is a short fiction movie that tells the story of a broken relationship between a father and his daughter, a teenager in love.
Director: Ruxandra Ghițescu
Cast: Ioana Flora, Mădălina Anea, Marius Constantinescu, Florin Zamfirescu, Paul Negoescu
Produced by: Monica Lăzurean Gorgan, Marcel Neudeck
Cinematography by: Lulu Hillerin
Film editing by: Mihai Codleanu
Category: short film
Duration: 15 minutes
71,973 – Cinepub viewers
Mircea, a divorced father, is facing a delicate situation when he discovers his 18 years old daughter is not home after a night out with a boy.
Nor the interventions of his 29 years old girlfriend, neither his daughter’s apologies can settle the situation. Mircea doesn’t know how to act so he begs Anca to have a ”girl talk”.
Everything reaches a climax at the dinner table, when Mircea breaks out and Anca is found guilty about everything that happened.
The movie talks about a tensioned relationship and also about the father’s insecurity feeling. Whenever he’s trying to talk to his daughter, he’s incapable of doing it right.
”Did I tell you I’ve missed you?”
“Mircea, she’s 18, she can do whatever she wants now. She’s big enough.”
“Your father is your father and he goes out when he pleases.”
- Lago International Film Festival, Focus Romania – Italy, 2014
- Cottbus International Film Festival, Competition – Germany, 2013
- ANONIMUL International Film Festival – Romania, 2013
- Lago Film Festival, Treviso, Eurovision Section – Italy
- Short Film Festival Dublin – Ireland
- Mirona Radu: „Stories in Tea Cups” and „For Ana. Love, Santa Claus” – aarc.ro