- June 16, 2016
The truth hurts less if it’s animated.
„Mother, father, I have to tell you something” is an animation signed by Paul Mureșan, an authentic and creative declaration in which the protagonist dares to show his feelings.
Animation: Paul Mureșan
Writer: Paul Mureșan
Genre: short animation
Duration: 6 minutes
5,904 – Cinepub viewers
The pressure of telling your parents who you really are. Pedro is a guy who confesses he’s a werewolf and that he’s in love with his classmate.
A coming-of-age and a coming-out, sprinkled with humour and hesitations, emotions and werewolves, and a lot of fantastic elements. Paul manages to reveal the most hidden thoughts in the human mind and translate them into a personal story. The animation is a creative statement of a love relationship that does not pass the test in front of the parents’ eyes. The artist uses all means of expression and combines fragments of dreams and of subconscious memory with human feelings, transposed as a 2D drawing.
- 2015 – NexT Festival – Shorts TV Award at The Pitch & Special Mention at Short Film Market
- 2015 – Anim’est Festival – Project Worksheep
- 2016 – Dracula Brașov – Special Mention
- 2016 – Anim’est – Award for Best Romanian Film
- 2016 – UCIN – Animation Film Award
- 2017 – Valencia – Award for best short animation