Video & Photo
With love, to the States.
Cinepub recommends you one of those Romanian shorts with high emotional potential, „Oli’s Wedding” directed by Tudor Cristian Jurgiu, Made in 2009, the movie touches with delicacy and humour upon the topical, complex issue of migration in 2000, Romania.
Director: Tudor Cristian Jurgiu
Scriptwriter: Tudor Cristian Jurgiu
Cast: Adrian Titieni, Alexandru Gâtstrâmb, George Costea, Ioan Cortea, Alexandra Fasolă, Vlad Rădescu
Produced by: Tudor Giurgiu
Cinematography by: Andrei Butică
Film editing by: Filip Mureșan
Category: short film
Duration: 22 minutes
12,172 – Cinepub viewers
Alone in his kitchen in Bucharest, Dorel is preparing for what seems to be a party. Actually, it’s his son’s wedding which takes place in the USA. Dorel is going to watch the wedding through a webcam together with two of his son’s friends. On the small display they are going to meet the bride, her father and will witness the ceremony. A bitter-sweet story about scattered families and lonely parents.
Tudor Cristian Jurgiu was still a student when he made this short film, very appreciate in the cinematographic milieu. It is a film that has won a lot of awards at many festivals (including NexT, in 2009) because it manages to make the public feel strong emotions, still maintaining a highly realistic tone in the storytelling. Adrian Titieni, who plays wonderfully also in other Romanian shorts online present on Cinepub, makes an exceptional role, playing a father who chooses to participate at the wedding of his son who has immigrated to the States, through the internet.
“And how is the firm going?
It’s going well, can’t you see the size of that watch?
- NEXT International Film Festival– Bucharest, Romania, 2009
- TIMISHORT Film Festival– Timişoara, Romania, 2009
- Independent Producers International Film Festival (IPIFF), Mamaia – Romania, 2009
- Anonimul Independent Film Festival– Sfântu Gheorghe, Romania, 2009
- Leeds International Film Festival– Great Britain, 2009
- Cittadella del Corto, Trvignano – Italy, 2010
- Festival de Film Tabor – Croatia, 2010
- Best Romanian short film, NEXT International Short & Medium Length Film Festival, Bucharest – Romania, 2009
- Best script, TIMISHORT Film Festival, Timisoara – Romania, 2009
- Best short film, Independent Producers International Film Festival (IPIFF), Mamaia – Romania, 2009
- Best fiction short film, Anonimul International Independent Film Festival, Sfantu Gheorghe – Romania, 2009
- Best fiction short film, Leeds International Film Festival, UK, 2009
- La Cittadella del Corto, Trevignano, Italy, 2010 – Best fiction short film
- Tabor Film Festival, Croatia 2010 – Best fiction short film