- June 15, 2015
A slightly bitter taste of habits.
Director: Mirona Radu
Produced by: Yina Xie
Sound: Mirona Radu
Category: short film documentary
Duration: 11 minutes
Films presented with the support of UNATC.
3,574 – Cinepub viewers
Small details of daily life in China are disclosed through tea leaves.
Behind every tea leaf there is a hidden story. Stories in tea cups is a documentary with living tableaux that reflect not only the obsession for Chinese tea culture but also the therapeutic effects of the moments of consumption.
Many of them regard tea as a therapeutic benefit that helps you make friends much easier, others perceive it as a boost of energy, while for the majority of them drinking tea is a very special tradition, a ritual hard to forget.
”Drinking tea helps me make new friends.”
”Morning tea is a tradition in Guangzhou”.
”The only thing I care is the taste of tea”.
”I may feel uncomfortable if I don’t drink tea for a couple of days”
- DaKINO Short Film Competition – România, 2016
- International Student Film Festival (STIFF) – Croatia, 2016
- DocsDF International Documentary Film Festival of Mexico City – Mexic, 2016
- Sibiu International Documentary Film Festival – Romania, 2016
- Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival – Czech Republic, 2016
- IPIFF – Romania, 2016
- Hyperfest International Film Festival – Romania, 2016
- Toamna de la Voroneț Festival – Romania, 2016
- București Docuart Fest – Romania, 2016
- Filmul de Piatra Festival – Romania, 2016
- Gopo Awards for Best Short Documentary – Romania, 2016
- American Chinese Film Festival – USA, 2015
- Special Mention for Documentary – CineMAiubit, 2015
- Mirona Radu: „Stories in Tea Cups” and „For Ana. Love, Santa Claus” – aarc.ro