- April 23, 2021
This short movie follows a teenage boy that goes looking for his new friend on the hot streets of an eerie city and gets into a sensual journey, where nature around him becomes exotic and the exotic becomes erotic.
Directed by: Andreea Cristina Borțun
Cast: Daniel Smîntînă, Marcel-Grigore Bolun, Una Toma, Eugen Ionescu
Script: Andreea Cristina Borțun
Producer: Gabi Suciu, Andreea Cristina Borțun
Cinematography by: Laurențiu Răducanu
Edited by: Tudor D Popescu
Sound: Marian Ioan Iacoban
Music: Cosmin Postolache
Category: short film
Duration: 20 minutes
790 – Cinepub viewers
In the suffocating summer air, a teenage boy goes looking for his new friend on the hot streets of an eerie city. The world feels unsettled, anchorless. Bodies and flesh, whether human or belonging to the natural world, bring a sense of comfort to the boy’s confused anxiety. When the blue of the night slowly lowers its veil, the birdsong echoes something deep inside. The visceral journey intensifies.
- 2021 – Stockholm Film Festival – Nominated for the Bronze Horse for Best Short Film
- 2021 – TIFF – Romanian Film Days Award for Best Short Film
- 2022 – Gopo Awards – Nominated for Best Fiction Short Film
- 2022 – Gopo Awards – Young Hope Award
- 2021 – Quinzaine des Réalisateurs – Nominated for the Illy Award for Best Short Film.
- Exploring Urban and Sensual Boundaries– Anna Doyle – 2022 – eefb.org
- The film When Night meets Dawn directed by Andrea Bortun is in the official Quinzaine des Réalisateurs 2021 selection – 2021 – urban.ro
- Correspondence from Cannes: Andreea Cristina Borțun on “When Night Meets Dawn”, a revelation film about a teenager attracted to another boy – Iulia Blaga – 2021 – libertatea.ro