- April 5, 2013
Only a tree.
Presented in 2014 at NexT International Film Festival, The Tree, directed by Mihai Sofronea, is a Romanian experimental short film that creates a heavy atmosphere only by using powerful images.
Director: Mihai Sofronea
Scriptwriters: Mihai Sofronea
Cast: Costina Ciuciulică, Adrian Văncică
Produced by: Adina Dulcu, Adrian Smarandache, Mihai Sofronea
Cinematography by: Toni Cartu
Film editing by: Sorin Baican
Category: short film
Duration: 13 minutes
14,142 – Cinepub viewers
A man. A woman. A tree. Their story.
The story of a man and a woman is built in the middle of nowhere, around a tree. Without dialogue, built through static shots, The Tree is an experimental film that shows that there is no need of words to reveal a powerful story.
“An experiment about statics and dynamics, […] The Tree brings variations of the same image’s theme, and each returning to it reveals a new meaning” (Bianca Bănică, bieff.ro).
- NexT International Film Festival (National Competition) – Romania, 2014
- Bucharest International Experimental Film Festival, BIEFF (International Competition) – Romania, 2014
- Ankara International Film Festival (International Competition) – Turkey, 2014
- Curtas Vila do Conde International Film Festival (European Panorama) – Portugal, 2014
- Bogoshorts International Film Festival (Panorama) – Colombia, 2015
- Romanian Short Waves (Cannes Short Film Corner) – France, 2014
- Divan Film Festival – Romania, 2014
- Victoria Film Festival – Romania, 2014
- The Long Night of Romanian Short Films – Berlin, 2015