- September 23, 2010
Directors & scriptwriters: Ana Vlad & Adrian Voicu
Producer: Anca Puiu
Category: features documentary
Duration: 92 minutes
18,035 – Cinepub viewers
In communist Romania, we had but a single brand of each basic product: the Relaxa mattress, the Dragasani sneakers, the Pegas bicycle, the Mobra motorcycle, the Fieni bulbs and the Ileana sewing machine were the stars of the Romanian golden era. These six brands had spectacular destinies. They appeared approximately at the same time, along with the socialist industrialization.
Factories founded entire towns to produce these products, as they became the objects of desire in the daily life and dreams of the Romanian people.
Metrobranding was nominated by Doc Alliance 2010 as one of the 5 films of the year 2010 and was screened at:
- Visions du Reel Film Festival in Nyon – France, 2010
- Planet7Doc din Warsaw – Poland, 2010
- DokLeipzig – Germany, 2010
- Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival – Czech Republic, 2010
- CPH: DOX in Copenhagen – Denmark, 2010
- DMZ International Documentary Film Festival – South Koreea, 2010
- ZagrebDox – Croatia, 2011