- October 1, 2011
We gladly present the short film “Grand Hotel Italia”, signed by Rodi Cotenescu. The cast includes Marius Manole, Silviu Biriș, Petre Dinuliu, Sergiu Costache.
Directed by: Rodi Cotenescu
Script: Rodi Cotenescu
Producer: Nicoleta Dărăban
Cast: Marius Manole, Silviu Biriș, Petre Dinuliu, Sergiu Costache
Cinematography: Vlad Lomnășan
Editor and sound: Lucian Baicu
Category: short film
Duration: 16 min.
5,184 – Cinepub viewers
A room from a hotel in Italy hosts several travelers.
A simple room from a hotel in Padova, Italy, owned by a Romanian, hosts not only individuals, but unexpected meetings and collisions between people connected through one single thing.
What critics say:
A candidate for an academic scholarship, an old man on his way to his family, a gypsy with his piranda, a worker with the appearance of a desperado, an arrogant dandy and a whole cohort of newcomers take refuge, one by one, in a hotel room in Padua, owned by a Romanian, until the six-bed room becomes overcrowded. The director also relied on the humor of the situation in the form of a sketch because the moral of the story is obvious. In the symbolic homeland of Romanism, little Romania stands in a hotel room that encapsulates almost all emotions and destiny options. Playing the absurd card, the director created an effect of superior irony from an (im)possible situation. (Angelo Mitchievici, „România Literară”).
- Critics Award (awarded by the Romanian Union of Filmmakers), CineMAiubit International Student Film Festival
- Romanian Film Scenography Award (awarded by CNC and Castel Film) – scenography, Andreea Săndulescu, “CineMAiubit”
- The special award by ICR, “Filmul de Piatra”
- Film evening at the Public Center of the Soroș Foundation
- Open Beginning Festival, Sankt Petersburg
- “Comedy” Film Festival, Cluj
- Piatra 3.0 Film Festival
- DaKINO Festival
- Fiesta del Cine
- International Independent Film Festival “Anonymous”
- TIFF, Cluj