- September 19, 2008
A 5 year old boy wants to gain superpowers in order to defeat his mother’s illness.
„Superman, Spiderman or Batman” is a short film directed by Tudor Giurgiu, winner of the prestigious BAFTA Award at Aspen Shortsfest, as well as the European Film Academy Best Short Award in 2012.
Director: Tudor Giurgiu
Scriptwriter: Doru Lupeanu
Cast: Bogdan Zsolt, Aaron Şerban, Ovidiu Crişan, Elena Ivanca
Produced by: Libra Film
Cinematography by: Adrian Silișteanu
Film editing by: Eugen Kelemen
Category: short film
Duration: 11 minutes
25,217 – Cinepub viewers
Aron, a 5-year-old boy, sets together with his worried father on a journey at the end of which he wishes, like the superheroes in the comic books, to save his mother suffering from a heart condition.
„Superman, Spiderman or Batman”,a short film awarded by the European Film Academy in 2012, tells the story of Vlad, aged 5 who lives a drama: her mother suffers from a heart disease.
The film stands out through the psychological intelligence employed in the way the adults find it hard to communicate to the boy the sad facts, a „secret” that the little boy not only knows about but tries, with his own resources of a superhero, to fix.
The movie is part of the Romanian shorts online slection of Cinepub.
How can you be Spider Man? It’s just a comic book, it doesn’t even exist.
- Warsaw International Film Festival – Poland, 2011
- BAFTA Award, Short Film Prize Best Drama Jury Award, Aspen Shortsfest – Colorado, U.S.A., 2012
- Grand Prize Best Short film Tudor Giurgiu (director), Manhattan Short Film Festival – U.S.A., 2012
- Prix UIP (European Short Film), Valladolid International Film Festival – Spain, 2011
- „Superman, Spiderman or Batman, by Tudor Giurgiu – www.filmshortage.com